This picture was taken at the celebration of the Historical Society of Montgomery County’s 50th anniversary on Saturday, February 22, 1931. The group seen here is unveiling a brass plaque to commemorate the anniversary. They are standing in front of Historical Hall on Penn Street, the home of the Historical Society at the time. The plaque is now attached to our current building on DeKalb St..
The people in the photograph are (left to right): William M. Gearhart, Lyman A. Kratz, Mrs. Mary Bean Jones, Isaac Roberts, Katharine Preston, Howard W. Kriebel, Nancy P. Highley, Nelson P. Fealey, Theodore Lane Bean, Anna Jarrett, and Luther C. Parsons.